The Mauritian Government allows retired persons wishing to spend more than 3 months per annum on the island, the status of Retired Residents which is valid for 3 years.
The criterias for obtaining this permit, for the Mauritian Government, are:
- Being at least 50 years old
- Having a bank account in a Mauritian bank (we can show you the banks)
- Entering the territory through bank transfers equivalent to 40,000 USD or 30,000€ anually. For the first year, this sum must be deposited before your application to the BOI.
- Neither working nor receiving salary in a Mauritian enterprise.
- Supply a banking security of around 2000€
Once the permit is obtained, you can then opt for the purchase of a real estate property in the models reserved to foreigners such as IRS, RES and IHS or R+2.
For more information, see our article: http://www.immodir.com/en/content/irs-res-ihs-pds
You can also choose to rent a house or an appartment for an unspecified period. Our agency will accompany you to find your temporary home.
Note: It is possible to continue pursuing your retirement.
Firstly, a residence certificate established by the Mauritian authorities and obtained due to your status of Retired Resident. This document must be given to your pension debit account.
To pursue your retirement in Mauritius while residing in Mauritius, you simply need to formulate your demand of retirement or deposit of pension at the French cashdesk of your district.